Why your bookkeeper should also be a registered BAS agent

Business owners in Australia are required to generate Business Activity Statements (BAS), which are then used for purposes of calculating and reporting the business's tax obligations such as GST (Goods and Service Tax) and PAYG (Pay As You Go – for employees). There are fines for getting your BASs wrong, which is why you need a professional to do it. These professionals are bookkeepers who have additional qualifications as BAS agents.

Provide These Documents to Your Accountant When Filing Your Taxes

When you need to get your taxes filed, you should consider hiring an accountant. This allows you to have the taxes filed for you, while the accountant does it effectively and gets you the biggest tax return possible. Here are some documents your accountant will need when filing the taxes. Tax and Payroll Documents The first main type of document you need to bring to your accountant is anything relating to the income you received during the year.